Angel Tree began in 2001 to help area families that could not afford to purchase Christmas gifts for their children. Angel Tree is an opportunity for the parish to reach out to our community by providing Christmas gifts and food to those unable to provide their own. Last year Angel Tree assisted approximately 146 families/379 individuals and provided over 100 families with food for a Christmas meal.
Initial work for the 2017 Angel Tree project is underway! If you know of a family that may be struggling and could use our support this year, please contact Nancy Horsch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 987-4597. If the family is not receiving holiday assistance from other organizations or programs, we can add them to our Angel Tree support list. Confidentiality will be kept. Please make submissions by Sunday, November 13th.
Our Angel Tree outreach project is underway and there are many ways you can help!
Angel Ornaments still remain on the trees!
- If you have not taken an angel yet or if you’d like to take another, please do so ASAP. You can do this during regular office hours or if you’re here to drop off your kids for Youth Formation.
- There are angels representing individual wish lists and other angels for gift cards or hams.
- For the yellow, purple or red angels with a tear-off tag (these are the angels representing individual wish lists), the committee requests that you complete the bottom tear-off portion of your angel ornament with your name, phone number and the angel code (highlighted on the white label) and place in one of the colored bags in the gathering space.
All gifts need to be returned no later than 11AM on Sunday, December 3rd.
Wrapping Day is Saturday, December 9th. Sign up in the gathering space to help with these needs:
- adult drivers for delivering gifts and food boxes to the Food Pantry (Westview Church) on Sunday, December 10th
- help wrap gifts on Wrapping Day
- provide snacks for the wrappers on Wrapping Day
- donate empty boxes for wrapping gifts (can be left in the gathering space by hall doors)
TEEN Volunteer opportunities (for silver cord or confirmation hours)
- baggers and taggers for Wrapping Day
- wrapping gifts on Wrapping Day
- hall clean up on Wrapping Day
** If you would like to bag and tag or clean up, please contact Stephanie at email@example.com to sign up or get details
Thank you to all of you who have already taken an ornament or signed up as a volunteer! Angel Tree Committee
Email for more info: stbangeltree@Hotmail.com